What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way to recognize bloggers for adding value to the blogging community. It is a great way to connect with other bloggers and show appreciation for their work; an award created by bloggers, for bloggers. All nominees must answer the questions provided by those who nominated them, and then nominate 11 more people who they will ask their own set of 11 questions.
As a new blogger, I am beyond honored to have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award 2018. All my thanks to Bryoni Burns for nominating me to receive the award. It's hard to start a new blog, and discouraging at times when you don't have the inspiration to create heartfelt content, but nice gestures like these can help a lot.
Here are my answers to Bryoni’s 11 questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I’ve always loved writing. At first, I was blogging on Medium, but after a while I got lost in the content I felt obligated to create. I wanted a different platform for my work, and at that point, I realized it was all or nothing. So I bought my own domain and The Messy Life was officially born!
2. If you had to listen to one song on repeat, what would it be and why?
This is such a hard question. I’m onto a new playlist or band every week! Sorry, but I’m going to cheat a bit and tell you what I’ve been listening to on repeat as of the past three, maybe ten(?), days. Haha.
Rainbow Kitten Surprise. Don’t judge them by their name! They’re a relatively new indie band with an interesting sound that has me obsessed. If you give them a listen, definitely check out Mr. Redundant and Wasted first.
3. What is your biggest fear?
My eyesight is god awful, so I hate being surrounded by darkness. It's basically blinding, because my eyes just don’t adjust to the dark 🙁
4. Name all the countries you have visited, and tell us which one is your favorite?
I haven’t traveled much. I’ve been to Jamaica so that’s my favorite by default. However, I have a plan to study at Lancaster University next semester, and if all goes well I’ll be adding a few new countries to my list!
5. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be and why?
Antelope hands down. They look awkward and clumsy, but I bet they’re graceful as hell. People always jump to gazelles because they’re absolutely beautiful, so I have to side with my fellow antelopes for being cute and underrated.
6. Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
I love reading, and obviously writing: just about anything from lists, to poetry, and essays or prose. I’m also really into aesthetics and PLANTS! I love plants (but I’m not the best at taking care of them).
7. Are there any bloggers or brands that you would like to collaborate with?
This Top 5 list is so random but it feels right, so I’m sticking with it.
- I would love love love to partner with BAGGU someday.
- Warby Parker
- West Elm
8. What is your favorite blog post you've ever written?
Of the posts that I’ve published so far, my favorite has to be the first post in my Chasing Life Series. I want to make a lot more posts like this one, where I’m sharing my experiences and updating you guys about my life!
9. What is your favorite aspect of the blogging community?
I love how welcoming everyone is! I don’t get to blog as often as I want, or engage throughout the day because I’m in school, but everyone is still really receptive. Especially on Twitter, everyone I’ve connected with is absolutely lovely.
10. What are your favorite kinds of blog posts and why?
I love blog posts that are written in a fun, relatable way. Like update posts that are interesting and give me a glimpse into the writer’s life. Those are good.
11. What advice would you give someone who's considering becoming a blogger?
Don’t hesitate and don’t let the work discourage you! Yes, blogging is hard, and yes, there will always be something else you want to do, but at the end of the day, it’s all worth it.
And now...DRUMROLL PLEASE...
Here are my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you for sharing your unique voice with the world.
- Kara's Closet
- The Thought Porch
- Farrah Aslam
- Stuck In My 20s
- Pages From Beth
- The Bookish Sisters
- The Style Itch
- Tuva's World
- Crossing Horizons
- Samantha Alexandra
- Chaos and Cuddles
To my nominees, here are your 11 questions:
- How long have you been blogging?
- How would you describe your writing style?
- How do you balance your blog with work, internships, or school?
- As a blogger, what’s your favorite social channel to use for engagement?
- Where is your favorite place to write and why?
- What do you do when you’re stuck in a rut and have trouble writing?
- Where have you always wanted to go, that you have yet to travel?
- Describe your go-to outfit in a sentence!
- If you could do one thing for someone you love, what would you do and for whom?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but struggled to stick with or accomplish?
- Where do you find inspiration to create your best blog posts or writings?
I look forward to reading your responses! Definitely notify me on Twitter, when you get around to sharing your post!